Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The gauntlet


I'm thinking we, as a people, need to take a long hard look at ourselves... and take a chill pill.

By now everyone knows that Trump press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked to leave a restaurant over the weekend. Glee abounded among some of us (not me). I reported the event pretty much without comment.

She is now receiving death threats. So let me ask, when is enough enough?

Look, I hate Ms. Sanders and especially her boss, but I don't think I would have asked her to leave. What I would have done is this: I think if I were the restaurant owner I would have asked for a moment,m as a taxpayer, to bend her ear for a few minutes.

We pay her salary and I don't think it wrong that we have the right to ask her to listen, not talk (I/we already know her views) tell her respectfully how we feel and then let her eat in peace.

Nothing may come of it, but who knows, maybe a seed is planted.

Let's face it, the gauntlet has now been thrown. Sanders was asked to leave the restaurant. Mark my words, Nancy Pelosi is going to soon (if she has not already) face a similar situation.

You know, tit for tat. You cast a stone and I hurl one back.

Again, when is enough enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment