Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mom's Day (in heaven)


I hope you will not mind a personal aside.

This Sunday will be the first Mother's Day I have faced without her. Similarly so, with Father's Day coming next month, I will face the same (I lost my Mom this past Labor Day and my Stepdad on March 23rd). I think about them both every single day.

I have had two Moms since I was 11 years old and two Dads since I was 12 (My Dad, my rock, died on March 23, 1985, when I was a college freshman), so in one regard, I am blessed.

Thankfully, my Stepmom remains alive and vibrant.

I apologize for being mawkish, but I want to impart on you all to celebrate this Sunday as we should every day with our beloved parents. You know, they're here, and then they're not (I do, however, believe that as long as they're in our memories, they are really only a smile away).

So... to all my family and friends who are Moms, I salute each of you. Enjoy your Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment