Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Love will prevail



 

Earlier today, my Aunt and I talked about a time when our country presented a kinder, gentler picture. I mentioned that I wasn’t so sure it was quite that rosy, but we did seem to be a bit less tense in an earlier day.

But let’s face it, the good old days were not good for everybody.

Tonight, a good friend of mine, a transgender woman, was taking part in a pride reading event at one of the local library branches when the hate group proud boys (I won’t dignify their importance by capitalizing their name) showed up and disrupted the event.

From what I have heard, they were loud, they were boisterous, they were crude and they were there to threaten and intimidate my friend and the other guests.

There were innocent children at this event, and I cannot imagine some of them (and their parents) were not frightened by this shameful bullying tactic. Before the police arrived, some of the parents gathered their children and fled. Who can blame them?

There is something wrong with people who have no moral compunction about frightening innocent families, not to mention the library staff and the guests of this event.

I certainly hope these men are the recipients of karma soon for anyone who goes out of their way to spread hate and fear are beneath contempt.

This must stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment