Sunday, November 13, 2016

An Uncivil War?


So I get a text message tonight from one of my brothers (I have seven brothers so I'll let him remain nameless) that "my ass beat your bitch. ha ha."

Seriously? Can we be any more mature?

I just do not think my family understands how betrayed I feel by their vote for Trump. They act like this is all one big laugh. One big joke.

Yeah, funny. Why am I not laughing?

We now have a new resident-elect of the United States who told America he is going to appoint judges that will overturn gay marriage equality. He has a vice resident-elect who thinks it is okay to apply shock treatment to gay teens (maybe adults too) to "turn them straight." His VR-elect tried to pass laws here in Indiana that made it legal for businesses to discriminate against gay citizens.

Is it any stretch of the imagination to think that if marriage equality will be under attack, is job security also in further endangered?

AND my family thinks I should be happy, understanding even, for this man who is one of the least (if not the least) qualified presidents EVER... and to get there, he tapped into the anger, the intolerance, the bigotry, even misogyny of millions of Americans who ganged up together to vote for this horrible man.

Does this make me feel like my family cares one little bit about this family member? Even after a few comments to the contrary. Not really.

I'm sorry. But I am supremely disappointed in my family.

We have heard talk from politicians this week that we, as Americans, must work together to heal our differences. But how do we heal families torn apart by this man?

No comments:

Post a Comment